Relevancy and Engagement maine.agclassroom.org
The Cow in Patrick O'Shanahan's Kitchen
When Patrick wakes up for breakfast, he finds an adventure in his kitchen. As his dad cooks him breakfast, he learns where each breakfast food item is produced. The chicken lays the eggs, the cow produces the milk and the maple tree makes the syrup. This book is a great resource for teaching elementary students where their food comes from.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- A Search for the Source (Grades K-2)
- A Search for the Source (Grades 3-5)
- Pancakes! (Grades K-2)
- Pancakes! (Grades 3-5)
- Who Grew My Soup? (Grades 3-5)
- Be a DetEGGtive!
- Cowabunga! All About Dairy Breeds
- Sun, to Moo, to You!
- Who Grew My Soup? (Grades K-2)
- Eggs: From Hen to Home (Grades K-2)
- Energy's Journey from Farm to You
- Survival of the Fittest: Comparing the Needs of Humans and Cows