Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
Farming in a Glove
Grow your own farm in a glove! This kit contains instructions and enough materials for a classroom of students to plant five different seeds in the fingers of a food handler's glove and the cotton necessary to sprout them. Given a few days, and some water, the glove will be alive with growing sprouts - baby plants that your students can observe. An excellent activity for teaching plant growth and genetic differences. Order this kit online from agclassroomstore.com.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Luscious Leaves
- Soil Texture and Water Percolation
- Growing Plants in Science and Literature, More Than an Empty Pot (Grades K-2)
- Growing Plants in Science and Literature, More Than an Empty Pot (Grades 3-5)
- The Soil Chain
- Who Grew My Soup? (Grades 3-5)
- Farming in a Glove (Grades K-2)
- The Seed Match
- What's Our Soil Worth?
- Magic Beans and Giant Plants
- Who Grew My Soup? (Grades K-2)
- Farming in a Glove (Grades 3-5)